CFEQ-FM Move To Classical Music Format
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 19, 2012
Winnipeg, MB: Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. is pleased to announce the submission of an application to the CRTC to move CFEQ-FM to a classical music format!
Winnipeg has an active and vibrant arts community that boasts an astonishing array of nationally and internationally recognized cultural organizations. The new local FM radio service will provide a primarily classical music format, with a classical jazz component to serve this growing demographic.
“This new classical format on our 100,000 watt station will enhance this legacy for the City of Winnipeg,” says Elmer Hildebrand, CEO of Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
“Winnipeg is a very cosmopolitan city with a rich heritage of various musical genres. The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, Manitoba Opera, The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, and the Manitoba Theatre Centre plus many other groups provide a very rich cultural community in Winnipeg. Golden West has been an avid supporter and promoter of classical music from radio stations in Altona, Steinbach and Boissevain.”
Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. has a strong reputation for community involvement and will continue to support local artists, music programs and the performing arts while keeping the community up-to-date and informed both on-air and online.
About Golden West Broadcasting: Golden West Broadcasting Ltd. operates 40 radio stations and 16 online community portals in Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta and has a well-established reputation for supporting the communities they serve both on and off the air.
For Additional Information, Please Contact:
Chief Executive Officer
Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
Golden West Broadcasting Ltd.
- 104.5 MORE Country Launch in Strathmore, AB
- Reach FM Launch in Grande Prairie, AB
- CHVN Radiothon for Adult & Teen Challenge
- SteinbachOnline.com Named Best Community News Website
- SteinbachOnline.com wins Gold at 2016 Canadian Online Publishing Awards (COPA)
- CHVN Radiothon for Siloam Mission
- Country 104.9 FM Launch in Kindersley, SK
- SteinbachLive App Launch
- Dr. Noble Irwin Hospital Foundation Radiothon
- CJUV 94.1 FM Purchase in Lacombe, AB
- Country 93.1 FM Launch in Portage La Prairie
- Country 107.7 FM Launch in Steinbach
- Country 107.7 FM Hits The Airwaves
- Golden West Launches New Classical Station
- CRTC Approval for 2nd FM Station in Steinbach, MB
- AM 1250’s 50th Anniversary
- CRTC Approval for FM Station in Portage La Prairie, MB
- High River Flood
- Country 88.9 FM Launches in Winkler, MB
- The Pembina Valley’s Newest Radio Station Launched – Country 88.9 FM
- CFEQ Decision Media Release
- HDHF’s Equip To Care Campaign Radiothon Raises Over $214,000
- Ed Penner’s CD Release Party
- Your Family’s Health Radiothon
- Q104 Welcomes Back The 204
- Gifts of Light Radiothon
- Fort Saskatchewan Launch
- MIX 107.9 FM Launches in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
- CFEQ-FM Move To Classical Music Format
- ROCK 106.1 FM Launches in Estevan, SK
- CRTC Approval for Second FM Station in Weyburn, SK
- CRTC Approval for New Radio Station in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Archives by Page: