HDHF’s Equip To Care Campaign Radiothon Raises Over $214,000
The Equip to Care Radio-Thon concluded Thursday afternoon after 48 hours and four days at the Humboldt and District Hospital.
$214,742 was raised for the Hospital Foundation to purchase new medical equipment.
Executive Director Lorrie Bunko had a great four days with the radio-thon.
“I have to be honest we heard a lot of stories, we heard a lot of good stories, we heard a lot of sad stories. You know we do care, and it’s for the bettering of our health care, and it was an awesome experience.”
Bunko was overwhelmed with the total.
“I’m still in shock, It’s just amazing. When we did the count and the adding machine said $114,000 we couldn’t believe it.”
PotashCorp Lanigan issued a community challenge on Monday saying they would match donations dollar for dollar up to 100,000.000, which they did signing a cheque yesterday afternoon.
General Manager Rob Bubnick was ecstatic to sign the cheque, “I’m just overwhelmed and excited. It is just an honor to come back here today, only three and a half days later and write the cheque for the full amount of the pledged amount. I’m just overwhelmed.”
A big thanks goes out to all who made a donation during this event. The generosity of patients, families, businesses, municipalities, and organizations is truly amazing.
The fundraising doesn’t stop here. The campaign continues with a set goal of $750,000, that’s only $525,258.00 to go. To make a donation call 682.4450.
- 104.5 MORE Country Launch in Strathmore, AB
- Reach FM Launch in Grande Prairie, AB
- CHVN Radiothon for Adult & Teen Challenge
- SteinbachOnline.com Named Best Community News Website
- SteinbachOnline.com wins Gold at 2016 Canadian Online Publishing Awards (COPA)
- CHVN Radiothon for Siloam Mission
- Country 104.9 FM Launch in Kindersley, SK
- SteinbachLive App Launch
- Dr. Noble Irwin Hospital Foundation Radiothon
- CJUV 94.1 FM Purchase in Lacombe, AB
- Country 93.1 FM Launch in Portage La Prairie
- Country 107.7 FM Launch in Steinbach
- Country 107.7 FM Hits The Airwaves
- Golden West Launches New Classical Station
- CRTC Approval for 2nd FM Station in Steinbach, MB
- AM 1250’s 50th Anniversary
- CRTC Approval for FM Station in Portage La Prairie, MB
- High River Flood
- Country 88.9 FM Launches in Winkler, MB
- The Pembina Valley’s Newest Radio Station Launched – Country 88.9 FM
- CFEQ Decision Media Release
- HDHF’s Equip To Care Campaign Radiothon Raises Over $214,000
- Ed Penner’s CD Release Party
- Your Family’s Health Radiothon
- Q104 Welcomes Back The 204
- Gifts of Light Radiothon
- Fort Saskatchewan Launch
- MIX 107.9 FM Launches in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
- CFEQ-FM Move To Classical Music Format
- ROCK 106.1 FM Launches in Estevan, SK
- CRTC Approval for Second FM Station in Weyburn, SK
- CRTC Approval for New Radio Station in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Archives by Page:
- Advertising Contact
- Casting Call
- Cochrane Careers
- Company News
- Contact Us
- Elmer Hildebrand
- Lyndon Friesen
- National Advertising Contact
- Our History
- Our History
- Strathmore Careers
- Test Page
- Where We Are
- Who We Are